Proposals due December 14th.
The driver for this event is conversation. We want participants to interact with each other, with the artists on display, and with the art itself. It is an excellent opportunity to network with artists, hang out with friends, or make out with strangers. The theatre will be transformed into a series of intimate spaces that have interactive activities, art and are great for lounging. Guaranteed to be a fun, sexy, and kind of grungy event, performances will flow in and out of each other throughout the night. We're not looking for any specific themes, but will create a journey throughout the evening with the work presented. Alcohol, food, and beverages will be sold. There's also a raffle with great prizes!
Proposals must include:
- Contact information, including e-mail.
- 1-2 page artist statement, including description of piece or pieces to be considered.
- Resume of artist or artists.
- Any additional materials that showcase or explain your work (photos, cds, dvds, writing samples, reviews etc). Unfortunately these materials cannot be returned- Please do not submit originals.
- Technical/Space requirements for displaying or performing your piece or pieces.
Please submit materials via e-mail to email@example.com.
Hard copies can be mailed to:
Red Tape Theatre
c/o St. Peter's Episcopal Church
621 W. Belmont
Chicago, Il 60657
Please submit written documents in triplicate.
Accepted artists will be notified via e-mail by December 20th. A follow up meeting will be held in the space with all artists and production staff.
Contact Myah Shein at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.