- Libby Ford, Associate Artistic Director of Greasy Joan Theatre Company
- Tony Lewis, Artistic Director of Midtangent Productions
- Katie McLean, Artistic Ensemble Member at Lifeline Theatre Company
- Blake Montgomery, Artistic Director of The Building Stage
I’ll be posting a series of blogs about their recent productions this month, but first I thought I’d share a quote from a recent article about director Peter Brook.
“He [Brook] thinks that the writer’s words are always sancrosanct, but that the stage directions can legitimately be modified. ‘The two things come from different sources,’ he argues controversially." *
Some of our panelists created their own texts while others found ways to update the plays without changing a word. We look forward to hearing our panelists thoughts on this process!
Paul G. Miller
* The full Peter Brooke article was published in The Independent, September 5, 2008 and can be read here: http://tinyurl.com/65doyd
Dog in a Manger runs October 6-26.
Visit http://www.redtapetheatre.com/ for details and to purchase tickets online!