Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Story of Philomele: Meet Meghan Reardon

Where are you from?

Topeka, KS



What do you do when you're not performing?


I do administrative work for a handful of groups, High Concept Laboratories, Voice of the City and Premiere Theatre and Performance, for whom I also serve as grant writer. They are all awesome organizations and I’m more than happy to talk to anyone about any of them. If you’re very lucky or have way too much free time, you can also catch me a few days a week playing the role of Cashier at Banana Republic in Old Orchard Mall. Play your cards right and I will lovingly wrap your items in tissue paper while tempting you with offers of Banana Credit Cards.



What is your favorite moment in The Love of the Nightingale?


I love Procne and Philomele’s relationship—I’ve got two sisters, an older one in NY and a younger one in KS, and the more moments we discover and create onstage between the two sisters, the more it makes me miss my real-life sisters and brings back memories of growing up with them.



Any standout rehearsal moments?


Secretly, my favorite rehearsal moments are whenever James offers to buy coffee. Not so secretly, learning fight choreography from Claire and her assistant Zack was scary and exciting. I’m a petite lady, so being able to grapple around and get a few good swings in feels pretty darn good. I’m also an actor who just loves being completely physically engaged in an action and a moment, so it’s really gratifying on a number of levels.



What's a fun fact about your character?


I think Phil enjoys going to the theatre even more than I do, which is definitely saying something. I mean, this girl LOVES it, and is totally uninhibited in her reactions. I could get there, but it would probably take a few drinks.





The Love of the Nightingale runs May 3-29.


Tickets are available through our website.

No comments: